Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Should I be?

O petite plant what shall you be?
O petite plant what shall you be?

Will you be an Oak – steadfast and stout?
Will you be an Acacia – branches o’er cuckoos shout?

Will you be a Flame tree – hue red and bright?
Will you be a Cedar – soaring and a pretty sight?

O petite plant, do tell me.

When I am old and green, will it matter thee?
When I am old and stout, will it matter thee?

Steadfast and stout – for flames and warmth of your family,
Nesting and dense – choking and in disharmony.

Colours I shall proclaim – for you to make a pretty frame,
Kissing the clouds – to be cut and rendered lame.

What shall I be, will it matter thee?
For I wonder, Should I be?

3 comments:

Nilesh said...

Why this on the eve of V'day dude? Did she refuse?

Anonymous said...

Subhanallah!!!
main reader to nahin, magar e dost...tere blogs padke mujhko reading aa gayi ... :P

Deepak

Anusha Ramanathan said...

O Dear blogger when shall you be?
O dear blogger when shall you be?

Shall you be snapped up today?
Or do publishing houses further delay?

Shall you the writer-photographer-artist
Proclaimed widely and grossly underpaid?

Or shall you be the one making publishers rue the day
They got lazy and did not copyright your say?

Shall you then mint money that 'industry' cannot match?
Shall you then advice on how to be a creative catch?

Oh talented artist do tell me.
When will you properly showcase your beauty?

Oh! what do I care when I can freely read
All that you lay out for us as a treat.

- I know this is a pathetic attempt, but consider that you have so inspired me that I could not resist. That is how good you are. U INSPIRE!!!!!!! non readers to be readers, non writers to be writers and non photographers to click away!!!!!!

BTW after this, you dare not comment on my 'will you be with me in success' type of lines....!!!!!!!!!!!! :))))))))))))))))))