Thursday, May 01, 2008

Wounds for Joy...

Toiling by the day and labouring through the night,
But there is only so much I can bear, in this relentless fight!

Hungry mouths aplenty I descry, my bosom shrieks in agony and terror does accrue,
But apathy is not mine, may you not misconstrue.

Pliable I have been, demands afresh and burrows deep,
Scars and wounds I bear for your sake, harmful substances I help seep.

Tears have been in happiness, and wounds for joy,
But there is only so much I can do, my boy!

Your scars grate my wounds; nightmares carve themselves out of harmony,
But there is only so much I can bear to see, my eyes strain in melancholy.

Riches copious I did seed, Rice, Oil, Corn, Salt or Meat,
But plea I do in solemnity, may my seeds be treasured as greatness you seek.

- Dedicated to World Hunger Problem

No comments: