Monday, June 15, 2009

My past you shall descry..

Where the lawn lays unkempt and the street goes awry,
Behind murk of uncaring time, my past you shall descry,
My memory betrays, my mind has gone numb, Who am I?

I have been your reflection; I have been your raconteur,
I have shown you your soul, read your mind and known your allure.

Opulence I have witnessed, tales of poverty have saddened,
Exuberance of youth has elated; rashness of mind maddened.

I have been privy to tender whispers of care,
I have withstood wails of agony and anguished in your empty stare.

I have been cynosure of care and have been a chronicle of apathy,
I have scaled summits of pride and plumbed nadirs of atrophy.

Where the lawn lays unkempt and the street goes awry,
Behind murk of uncaring time, my past you shall descry.
My memory betrays, my mind has gone numb, Who am I?

4 comments:

Sowmya said...

Yada yada hi dharmasya glanirva bhavathi bharatha |
Abhyuthanam adharmaysya tadatmanam srijami aham ||
- Bhagavad Gita (Chapter IV-7)

Translation - "Whenever there is decay of righteousness and a rise of unrighteousness then I manifest Myself!"

Please follow this format next time ;) ... this is for the understanding of mortal beings!

Charu said...

"I have been your reflection; I have been your raconteur,
I have shown you your soul, read your mind and known your allure"

I love these lines :)

If you look at it now ... not the your poem's context .. they hold a diff meaning :)

Anusha Ramanathan said...

Love what sowmya wrote :) Are you gonna explain this one to the lesser mortals please?

On a different note - This is sheer poetry, many a time what we write are poems, this one falls in that greater category - POETRY. :)

Behind murk of uncaring time,
While someone's past may be descried,
There is a soul who will always know
Who will answer the query "who am I?"
A sensitive person who sees past memory even
A loving soul who cares and is not always bound by reason
A mind is not where the soul resides
To answer the query "I am CARING" and belong to those who abide.

:)

Sameer said...

So you asketh! The dreaded, yet soulful question - Who am I? :)

Welcome to the club bro! btw, the post smells like an aftermath or remembrance of something close to "matters of heart"...

So the Garfield awakens :)