Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Trapped

A joyous trill I hear from a world afar,

Melancholic expressions, as well, that emancipates a fettered soul.

Songs of silence is all I know, in this world I abhor.



Hues of fantasy I imagine to exist only in dreams,

Can it be really that ornate I ponder or is it a mirage of my insipid soul?

Colours of darkness, is all I descry, that glitters and gleams.



An angel whispered once to me of the boundaries beyond that horizon,

I could only show that angel the incarcerations within my soul,

Thought is infinite, they say, yet trapped within realities which I cannot broaden.

1 comment:

Anusha Ramanathan said...

O fettered soul! Though should exalt
That you could at all share your thoughts
With an angel no less, it shows you are loved.
Shared with one such your thoughts will go far
Boundaries break free when ideas reach the stars.
Hear more cries, melancholy though they be
Even though of darkness, may you colours see.
Sooner than you know your incarceration will cease
Calmer, brighter than you know, you will find peace.