Sunday, January 17, 2021

Good Bye Amma

 Unfettered at last, the heavens lovingly took you in their clasp,                                                                   You were my first sight while I seethed at your last gasp.



My heart fills with agony, for I do not know who will embrace my copious pain ?

But I take heart, you will show me a way once again.



My small joys may lose their rhyme, for I do not know who will now clap in that unacquainted awe?

But I take heart, you will always be my bystander in all the happiness I draw.



For I know, all I have to do is listen to my heart,

For I have captured a part of you, and even death cannot do us apart.


Good Bye Amma.




1 comment:

Anusha Ramanathan said...

So poignant. And so true.
A love more pure does not exist.
But the love lives on. In you. In memories.