Sunday, September 16, 2007

Ganpati Bappa Moriya!

I was invited for a lunch at my distant cousin’s place here in Singapore on 15th September 2007. Banana leaf never seemed so alluring – and there in the corner on top left side ‘it’ stood brandishing its flavour and wafting an effervescent aroma.

Steam crawls over the rind - that does reek purity – like a vaporous halo – alluring all its followers seeking clemency,
Concoction within - sometimes sweet sometimes sour – levitates soul and sends the dizzying psyche in to frenzy.
Palate flirts with the ecstatic tongue as the savor immerses in to the soul ensconced in amnesia,
Time stands motionless – lost in a miasma, as the taste transcends boundaries - salute this ambrosia.

Ganpati Bappa Moriya! Pudcha Varshi Laukar Ya!

Doff my hat! Crave for more!

And yes, my Mom’s Modak (Kozhakattai) ROCKS!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

am thriving only on Modaks

ganpati bappa morya!

Heman - What a name! I know, but let it be said...

Ganpati Bappa Morya EJ! :) Last year this time.. we were in Dubai missing the Modaks and this year again I'm away from home... missing the Modaks! :(

Anonymous said...

Kozhakattai... ha ha ha
reminded me of old days tooo... :)