Saturday, February 21, 2009

Mumbai Diaries - Smiles and Sunset

As I ponder, over the next set of incidents to narrate in this episode of Mumbai diaries, my soul fixates around the core set of people that made my trip replete with joy. This would entail we zoom in on my peregrination to the land of Her Highness of Pune – Pooh. En route the court, I caught up with ex-Patniites – Praharsh -The Philosopher and Priyanka. The philosopher had a tough time locating my whereabouts, not owing to any changes in my outward appearance, but due to the fact that at a traffic circle, I was at the side painted yellow and he, red. We circled the circle, yellow and red, and then red and yellow, till we eventually and inadvertently bumped in to each other, through no prior design of doing so.

The Philosopher promised me a safe passage to the court on his 25000cc Activa, profusely assuring me of no further circular confusions. Alas, The Philosopher turned to be colour blind, with a particular deficiency in detecting the colour Red (at this point I was, with my keen sense of observation, able to solve the traffic circle mystery as well). The Philosopher, I must inform the readers as a note, is an ardent stickler, to moral laws. This was evinced when he refused to bribe the Hawaldar and paid the full fine.

The court was where I next found myself ensconced. I must also let the readers know that Pooh had ordered goods exquisite quality and quantity which had to be lugged across the seas by noble subjects like Yours Truly. Banter session ensued, which only meant bashing for Yours Truly and mirth for Her Highness. As sunset sunk in to Her Highness’s territory, other creatures from the courtyard ventured in to the fiefdom. The Derivative Champ and Pooh-2 ushered in with a note of enthusiasm, joy and poking each other regularly and with ferocious intensity. Jet accompanied by his wife – Supersonic Jet, flew in next. What ensued could be largely kept out of the purview of public knowledge as face saving exercise for Yours Truly – more bashing obviously.

As Pune set over the horizon of time, memories shaped themselves.









However – one of the creatures of the Pune fiefdom had been left out- whom I caught while flying through Mumbai. Tweety accompanied by her tranquil chirp, was her enigmatic self.

The visit to Mumbai also enabled me to catch up with a huge bundle of SP Jain Janta as well as revisit some of Mumbai's charms.












Jigsaw, finally managing to get hooked up, was carrying future Mrs Jigsaw’s pictures, in various sizes, and yes was glowing on the prospects of a happy married life. Dream Lover, the Boston return Indian, was etching his way past the streets of Mumbai as well, in pursuit of a Mumbai Tea Party.

My first meeting with Jhansi, found her inexorably overworked and inextricably tired. As Mumbai winds set in by the bay and the sun sobered, energy seeped back in to this brave warrior. A round of chocolates and pastries did also add to spirit. But, what really pepped her was my incessant clicking and capturing pictures of supremely elegant quality – some of which showed evidence that her pony tail (oops hair) has a very aerodynamic design and her spectacles of supremely refractive material.











More in Next.

3 comments:

Anusha Ramanathan said...

Only now managed to log in and check your previous entry as well. You paint wonderful word pictures. By the way I thank you for not sharing my chidiya ghar pic. I could kill you for that Mr. Not Tatya Tope :)))

I must commend here the valiant brother that I have who sat through a re-view of Luck by chance within a spate of 5 days. I think that caring did the trick bro, not the chocs ,much as you adored clicking insane pics of me being greedy and ran away from foolish twosomes on adjoining tables :)))) That so refreshed me. :))))

Anonymous said...

ab maine kya kiya? main kabhi kuch bolti bhi hun!!! ;) :D

Anonymous said...

:)seems like you enjoyed a lot ...nice pics .. though its always impossible to make out suset/sunrise in pics ...

btw you writing mumbai diaries ... but no mention of vada pao and cutting ... thats not done :)