Friday, December 29, 2006

I am the IT Leader!!


Verdant land of Singapore was moaning under the oppression of heavy winds. Angels were weeping from the sky. The gloom of the horizon was ominous and visible from my Rat Hole. Ah! Didn’t I tell you? Rat hole does have windows! Two of them. One of them is actually a complete window and other one, well, a poor excuse of it, badly obscured by a pillar. Rat hole after all!

Do not let the anguish of the preceding paragraph delude you in to a misconception on the atmosphere of the room. I would not say it was lively and sorts, but neither was it somber. Three of us (Rat, Invisible man and the Jet) were at our books(or were at least pretending to be). As for the Owl, he was probably out there in the howling of the night, focusing ever so intensely on his next victim (Come on laugh!!). Anyways, it was about 10:30 PM (time which portends dawn of a new day for many in Singapore) and what was about to happen in the span of the next hour or so was truly a manifestation of mental turbulence that these folks undergo during the course of a MBA.

The door squeaked open paving way to a hoarse cry ‘I am the IT leader!!’ We gaped in surprise and in unison, it was Vivek( Psycho as he is known as!). What proceeded from his mouth in the duration of the next few minutes apart from his habitual taunts directed towards the Invisible Man have been cleansed while penning the contents of this blog! His frustration clearly directed at the paper scheduled the ensuing morning for the IT guys. ‘I do not care a rat’s ass for the paper’ he said. Though I must take hostilities towards defamation of the sacrosanct creature especially in a rat hole!
Ah well! I continued my reading on ‘For God, Country and Coca Cola. A capital read indeed.

Changing Coke is like God making grass purple’ strong sentiments echoed by millions of Americans on their pet drink. So engrossed was I in the book that little did it dawn on me that there was second visitor to the rat hole. Only when a soft voice bespoke ‘Abbey kal ke IT exam ke liye kya padna hain’ did I realize of the humanly presence. It took only expectant faces and a few seconds for Teghjeet to air out his frustrations on the state of affairs. Back to Coca Cola and the art of making money, and then there was loud cry from beyond the door followed by a slam and a very peeved Vineet (Bade Bhaiyya) walking in. And yes what ensued has been purged, for my over curious readers.

More frustrations were to follow during the course my perusal of the book. Strangely the next visitor was finance guy, Sid Ghaisas, who announced in his usual flair ‘I have given up studying’. Finance or IT story remains the same. Frustrations do indeed descry themselves in variegated forms. You might have heard of people jumping all over the place. Well I have witnessed gravity failing under acute frustration. This manifested in the form of Hemant(Dream Lover), who was all over, except the floor of course! By this time Coca Cola was looking more like ‘C_ c_ C_l_’ to me(well gravity has been very mean to my eyelids many a times). Have you noticed vowels are always the first ones to fly off?
I could hear frustration revealing itself in the form of an ice cream, when Invisible man and Teghjeet set out plans to venture out and grab some. Considering the not so auspicious squally weather that seemed to have persisted despite erratic behavior by gravity, the plan was soon abandoned.

Well eyes had almost settled in the balmy comforts of the eyelids and then there was Tushar who stopped by. My ears were expecting the culmination of all the frustrations to personify. Pleasantly, he had stopped by for a movie file and the Rat hole had absorbed all it could have for the night…..

Frustrations are the tests that nature gives us! But Rat Hole is something that you have to extricate, never let the frustration grow into an insidious behemoth devil for it shall encumber you with gloom and restlessness…

Go find yourself a Rat Hole!!

8 comments:

Sameer said...

I wonder whether the gravity has returned to the rat hole or not???

:))

Good one EJ, and hope the vowels drop back soon or else now its time for the the consonants !!!!

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha....yes i remember tht day! :)

Heman - What a name! I know, but let it be said...

The lord has erred!! Lo and BEHOLD!! It's time for the Dreamer to take revenge!! Watch Out for the fatal attack! :-D

Anonymous said...

I love this piece. been visiting ur site after quite gap Love what u have done to it ;) good going bro

Anonymous said...

Would also like it if u cud identify ur friends - u r the one with the moustache right? ;) it is been solong since i have seen and out of sight out of mind - u know ;-)
p.S. i love the book too ... Cocoacola have een only able to read in snatches though. wonder what drink will crystallise India for us - cutting chai????

Heman - What a name! I know, but let it be said...

Hey Almighty!! Nice Post!! Hope I find more space on your blog next time round with my gravity defying stunts!!

Harikrishana Prasad Kuppili said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Harikrishana Prasad Kuppili said...

Good piece man...even though I managed to read this with the help my DIC.Keep it up......