Sunday, December 17, 2006

Rat Hole at Room 523

This will come as a surprise to my loyal blog readers for this blog is devoid of any rhymes. It is devoid of any scheme. Well most of my blogs are devoid of schemes! So what am I writing about? Well to begin with I am not sure. I sit here in this corner which my roommates have so disreputably called ‘rat hole’ for I seem to have limited my interactions with the outside world to the bare minimum, required for sustenance. Have I? I will come back to that.

My room. This looks more like an wholesale edition of a train compartment. It has four beds (compartmental if I may say) and of course 3 lovely roommates and yours truly occupying his rat hole. Cupboards or poor excuses of cupboards and study table which was designed brilliantly immovable. On that note cupboards do not have locks..well actually the locks are exultantly non existent! How can I forget the chairs? These blighters have an inbuilt momentum, they throw you off their seats (literally).Ask my roommate Amey. He has had the poor fate of having fallen flat on his nose one more than one juncture (well on that note he also bumped in to a glass door and distended his forehead… pinkish hue!). May be its Amey and not the chairs? May be he runs on jet fuel!

My train also has good quilts on beds. Ask Ankit. He adores those. In fact, once inside you would have to plumb deep and dig really hard to find out where the chap really is!! It also has an owl, IT wizard and a blogger. Naa…I have only 3 roommates. Sid,the owl(and wizard et al), abhors sleeping. He has not realized the potential of his eyelids and the potential reassurance his bed can provide. Rumours are that he has even stopped sleeping in the class!

And then there is my rat hole! Well as far as my interaction goes I have enough of it! A jet propellant, an owl and an invisible man..!

Adios…
More on my room in next! Please do comment!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice blog...something different...also nice nick names for ur roomies :)

Anonymous said...

first timers:
1. you made a lot of sense to the "normal" public
2. we did not have to use the dictionary
3. this rat-hole thing is nice, i guess i can name one of my roomies the same!! (do not cry plagiarism, or do not tell sid, he will come up wid a polished word for plagiarism!!)
4. bus abhi, tere feedback mein ek aur blog likhunga kya?
5. abhi bhi nahin gaya saale.. nikal is page se!!

Anonymous said...

finally... His Highness Shaikh RAT has come down to the vocabulary standards of mortals :-).

Nice one bro. Reminds me of our dubai days :-). Btw... what happnd to ankit? I was so used to seeing this guy under the blanket day in and out - that i thot he was physically challenged and cudn't walk :-)

Anonymous said...

lovely blog!! No need to refer to fat tomes for once to understand the simple concept that u r being ur usual 'spaced out' self involved in a mental world that only u can conceive of peopled by creatures by any other than those around u and yet like all the Extra terrestrials we fear u seem to observe far more than we (mere mortal earthlings) would wish you to.
keep up such understandable work pls ;)

Blackcougar said...

ahhh .. finally the blogger king gets down to plain speak ..

If this place has rat holes (at multiple levels that too!) Dubayy had live rats :)

Maybe somebody is being kind to us by keepin us in familiar surroundings !!

Heman - What a name! I know, but let it be said...

Easwar!! 'The Lord' has finally penned something that we mortal earthly beings could understand. And you know what?? I can't stop feeling good about the fact that I actually understood your post in the very "FIRST ATTEMPT" -(Mum Univ Engg. lingo... Can't help it! ;-). Keep up the good work!!

Anonymous said...

A littl "late" comment on Mr Travel Aid but u askd for it dude...Reason u saw my face only i dubai was bcoz u were the 1st person to make a dash towards ur "love nest" in mornings ..and the last one to be thrown out from there...don't know y but that was general feelin in brown villa...even ur boyfriend Ritesh (rem the lovely moonlit nights u spent with him) can confirn on it :)